Thursday, August 20, 2009

August 20, 2009 - Day 10

Da Vinci watercolor of 140 lb Bockingford cold press watercolor paper

Had one of those days today when I just woke up tired. Even my 2 cups of morning coffee couldn't get me started today.

I chose something fairly quick and simple to paint this morning because I won't have time to paint when I get home from work tonight. The reference photo was a picture I took of the Gorge waterway in Victoria, BC Canada at sunset. I have always loved that photo because of the super dark land contrasting with the bright sky and water. It is something I have wanted to paint for awhile now and I am glad that I finally finished it.

I am finding that after completing the grapes on Tuesday that I am becoming reluctant to tackle anything really detailed. I am feeling some anxiety and my thoughts are "what if I try something difficult and don't have the time or energy to complete it?" I don't know why I am feeling this since the grape painting came together really easy. I think that tomorrow I will have to do something more challenging just to break through this block that is developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment