Saturday, March 13, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
Tonight I decided to put more black on the bottom half of the painting. I really like the way it turned out. The bare spots looked like water to me and I thought if I did a pink wash that it would look really nice.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
I was so bored with using a pen to ink the outline of the subject that I decided to use india ink and a brush. I also decided to spray a small amount of water on the paper first. This was a similar technique to the one I used for the space scenes with acrylic paint.
I prepared 3 ink solutions - one full strength, one slightly diluted and one very diluted. I dipped the brush in the full strength ink and started free drawing onto the slightly wet paper. Then I repeated the process with the diluted ink and let it dry. Once it was dry I then added the color with watercolor.
I like the way it turned out so I tried a couple more paintings. One of those paintings I decided to not add color. I think I prefer the black and white one over the colored one.