Monday, August 17, 2009

August 17, 2009 - Day 7

Da Vinci watercolor on
140 lb Bockingford cold press watercolor paper


Very frustrated again today at my lack of ability. I would love to paint vibrant landscapes of the places that really inspire me however every time I try they fall flat.


After I scanned the painting into my computer I played around with the image a bit. This is what it looked like once I tweaked the brightness and contrast.



This is closer to how I WANTED the painting to turn out.


I just wish I knew how to paint the brightness and contrast so that it would look more like the altered image. Previously I have tried adding darker colors to the shadows but then it just turns ugly on me and completely ruins the painting. I guess I have to remember to paint the mid-tones and shadows at least 3 shades darker than what I think they should be. I will have to try that next time I paint a landscape.


One good thing about this project though, I think by the end I will be able to look back on everything that I have painted and say "OK, I can do a really good job painting this type of subject but I could use more practice painting that type of subject.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, this water color painting is rally looking awesome, I wish I can do such painting as pretty as it is.

    Savita

    Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete