Thursday, November 5, 2009

November 5, 2009 - Day 87

First attempt

Da Vinci watercolor on 140 lb Langton cold press paper

I painted this subject twice today but if I had more time I think I would have kept painting it until I got it right. I didn't like anything about the first painting and finally I just gave up on it because I couldn't think of what to do to save the painting.

I was much happier with my second attempt. I like the way the background turned out and the flowers have better definition but the paintings till lacks impact. I would have liked to play with different backgrounds and methods but I just don't have the time today. I might continue to work on this over the next week or so outside of the blog to see what I might do differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment