Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November 4, 2009 - Day 86

Da Vinci watercolor on 140 lb Langton cold press paper

I was planning to keep working on tree paintings for awhile in order to improve my skills but I decided to paint something that I wanted to paint rather than something I thought I should paint.

These rock formations were beside the road as we were travelling through Washington state last year. I think that they were close to Grand Coulee, Washington. I thought that they were amazing.

I was disappointed with the sky wash. I don't know if it is a flaw in the paper or my technique was off but the wash is blotchy. I used the same technique I always use but this time is just didn't go on smooth. I even added an extra layer but the wash still wasn't even.

No comments:

Post a Comment