Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October 7, 2009 - Day 58

Da Vinci watercolor on 140 lb Saunders Waterford watercolor paper

This painting really came together tonight and I don't know why. I did the exact same thing that I did last night with the black pony but the results are totally different. Maybe it is easier for me to paint lighter colored horses because I am able to see the muscle and bone structure better than with a black horse. I don't know what it is but after I have painted a couple more colored horses I think I am going to try some black horses to see if I can figure out what I am doing wrong.

One other thing to note with today's painting. I used the frisket in the form of the masquepen to cover the area of the white of the star so that I could paint around it freely. I used a rubber cement pickup to remove the masking and I have to say that I love this tool. Previously, when I used masking I would rub it off with my finger or an eraser - never again. The masking/frisket sticks to the rubber cement pickup and pulls off cleanly. No rubbing required. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment