Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 24, 2010 - Day 198

Acrylic and Da Vinci watercolor on 140lb Aquarelle watercolor paper

The cherry trees are blooming here in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia so I thought I would try using the blossoms and leaves for today's painting. It didn't really work out well because they are so delicate that the flower just falls apart when I try to stamp the design.

Only 2 more days of acrylics left. I was going to drop objects onto yupo paper but just realized that is a watercolor technique and not acrylic. I don't know what I will do for the last 2 days now.

On day 201 I think I will be switching to ink drawings with watercolor washes. I really like the look of that type of painting but have never done any before so it should be both challenging and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment