Monday, September 28, 2009

September 28, 2009 - Day 49

Da Vinci watercolor on 140 lb Aquarelle cold press watercolor paper

Well I think my florals are slowly improving. I didn't try to do anything fancy with the background this time but rather just stuck with a plain graduated wash. The form and light is better on today's painting than previous florals but I found that I couldn't tell from my photo reference the shape of the top petals. Basically I was just guessing at how the shadows should go and I don't think they are correct. I just realized that I could have taken a look at some photographs that I took of yellow iris (irises??) to get a better idea of the form of the petals. Oh well, too late now!

I am really proud of myself today. Before I started this project I always had excuses why I didn't paint but today I have painted at least 1 painting a day for 49 days. Even if nothing else comes of this project my painting skill has improved greatly. I should have done this years ago but I guess I was afraid that if I didn't produce something that was "sellable" that I was wasting time and money.

God, where would I be today if I would have done this 20 years ago when I first started painting?

Where will I be 20 years from now? I can't wait to find out :D

No comments:

Post a Comment