Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 8, 2010 - Day 332


Da Vinci watercolor on 140lb Bockingford cold press watercolor paper

I really like this "Rainbow Reflection" painting. I started to create a landscape type painting but as I scraped away at the paint it flowed into these horse shapes so I ran with it :D

I am finding that my approach to painting has changed from when I first started this blog. Previously when I created "Rainbow Reflection" paintings I would have an end result in mind. It might be a waterfall or a desert landscape. Now, especially with the paintings I created yesterday and today I found that I was able to just allow the paint to flow without planning it. I think I was able to do that because I wasn't afraid of "wasting" materials or time. My attitude has changed with the realization that sometimes I may have to waste some materials before I get the results that I want. So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment