Saturday, March 6, 2010

March 6, 2010 - Day 208

Ink and watercolor on 140lb Arches hot press watercolor paper

I really don't have much to say about this style of painting because it is pretty simple to do. It starts with a pencil sketch over which I draw with a waterproof fine line marker. Once the ink is dry I erase all the pencils lines and then just color inside the lines with watercolor. It is basically like coloring in a coloring book.

When I look back over previous posts the days that have the most commentary are the ones where I was either depressing about my lack of artistic skills and vision or I had accomplished something amazing with my art.

These ink and wash paintings don't have those highs and lows to them because the technique is totally predicable. I know when I start what the final result will be so in a way I guess I find them kind of boring and uninteresting to create even though I like the way they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment