Friday, February 12, 2010

February 12, 2010 - Day 186

Acrylic on 250lb Bockingford watercolor paper


Acrylic and watercolor on 250lb Bockingford watercolor paper

The top painting is what it looks like before I add the color. The black paint creates very dark areas that bleed out into light gray as the paint moves across the standing water on the paper. Looking at it now I think that maybe I should just do some black and white ones because they really have a lot of impact.

My main complaint with the colorized version is that I can't get the colors as vibrant as I would like them to be. Next time I buy paint I am going to see if they don't sell neon bright colors. Either that or I will need to experiment with leaving a lot more areas pure white so that the colored glaze isn't dulled by even a touch of grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment