Monday, November 9, 2009

November 9, 2009 - Day 91

Da Vinci watercolor on 140 lb Langton cold press paper

Additional detail added using Prismacolor colored pencils

I had decided yesterday that I was going to do another furry animal for today's painting and that I would finish the painting by adding more detail with Prismacolor colored pencils.

The first picture above is done with Da Vinci watercolor paint only. I liked the way the painting had turned out using only watercolor but I wanted to see where it would end up by adding the colored pencil.

At one point during the colored pencil stage I thought I had completely ruined the painting. It looked a mess and I had lost a lot of the detail in the cheek area. I really thought I would be posting a failed painting today but I kept adding more layers of colored pencil until I reach a point where I knew I should quit.

I am pretty happy with this painting and I really am loving the way the backgrounds are turning out with the salt sprinkled into the wet paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment