Tuesday, October 13, 2009

October 13, 2009 - Day 64

Da Vinci watercolor on Saunders Waterford cold press paper

Yesterday's painting inspired me to do more horse and rider type paintings so today I thought I would do a barrel racing painting in the same style as yesterday's thoroughbred painting. Today's painting then inspired me to do a series of rodeo paintings.

I am really finding that I have to be actively creating in order to become inspired to create. Before I started painting every day I could never decide on what I wanted to paint but now each day brings new ideas for not just one painting but for a series of paintings.

I have also noticed that I am not so hard on myself anymore because even when I have one day that my painting doesn't turn out I can look back on the last 64 days and see all the days that my paintings did turn out the way I wanted.

I realize now that even the professional artists that I admire MUST have had off days when their paintings didn't turn out. The paintings that we see in galleries are their successes. Maybe they have a closet in their studio filled with their failures.


No comments:

Post a Comment