Thursday, September 24, 2009

September 24 - Day 45

Da Vinci watercolor on 140lb Aquarelle cold press watercolor paper

Tried to paint some geraniums tonight. They didn't look too bad until I added the background. That's when things turned ugly on me. If I would have been painting with acrylics I could have just re-painted the background but with watercolor there is no "do over". I tried using salt sprinkled into the wet paint as a last resort but even that didn't work.

If it wasn't getting so late and if I wasn't so tired I would have started the whole thing over from the beginning. Truth be told though I just don't have the energy tonight to do any more painting.

I definitely want to do more florals. I am going to try another one tomorrow. This time I will use the underpainting to get the form right before adding the background. I love the background that I achieved with the cat tail but I haven't really been able to duplicate it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment