Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August 10, 2009 - The Plan

In order to kick start my art and release my artistic blocks I have decided to paint one ACEO a day for the next 365 days. The ACEOs are original artworks which can be any medium, style or subject but must be the exact size of 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches. The size of the artwork onscreen is very close to the size of the original artwork - at least on my screen anyways:) ACEOs are basically the size of a hockey or baseball card.

Here is the link to the official ACEO website: http://www.art-cards.org/

I have decided that I will not critique my paintings during this process. I rarely have a painting that I don't critique to pieces. I always can see everything that is wrong and everything that I don't like.

Since each of these ACEOs are going to be completed in 1 day they may not be the best work that I have ever done but it will force me to loosen up my style and economize on my brushstrokes.

It will also force me to overcome my fear of painting poorly. This project isn't about creating my next masterpiece but rather blowing away my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment